[WikiEN-l] Our content gets *everywhere*

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Fri Aug 17 17:01:12 UTC 2007

Andrew Gray schreef:
> On 17/08/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On a lighter note, I know exactly what you mean about being able to
> > spot Wikipedia text a mile off. I find the best clues are the words
> > "neologism" and "portmanteau", I've never seen them used anywhere
> > else, but one of them is in the first sentence of pretty much every
> > Wikipedia article.
>
> Yeah, our first sentences are the easy bits. "PAGENAME is an
> (adjective) noun, contextual-phrase other noun"; restate the topic in
> a really simple way.

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_article:

A '''Wikipedia article''' is an encyclopdic article written for
[[Wikipedia]]. Wikipedia articles are generally written in a distinctive
and recognizable style, which has often been described as
boring[1][2][3][4][5][6], although some articles are said to contain
"brilliant prose".{{fact}}

  Contents
1 Introduction
3 History of Wikipedia articles