[WikiEN-l] Our content gets *everywhere*

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:57:22 UTC 2007

> OMG COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
>
> :p

Don't joke, that *is* copyright infringement. I can't see how
lorem-ipsum text would qualify as fair use, and I very much doubt the
Nokia 770 box is GDFL. While I have no real problem with people using
our content in such a way, it would be nice if they would do so
properly (at least giving credit).

On a lighter note, I know exactly what you mean about being able to
spot Wikipedia text a mile off. I find the best clues are the words
"neologism" and "portmanteau", I've never seen them used anywhere
else, but one of them is in the first sentence of pretty much every
Wikipedia article.