[WikiEN-l] Times article (London)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 18:12:44 UTC 2007

On 8/16/07, Christiano Moreschi <moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article2267665.ece
>
> Stable versions would help with answering some of that criticism. Plenty of
> what he says is fair enough, IMO, particularly the point about the loudest
> voices winning purely by virtue of obnoxious trolling.
>
> C More schi

"The notion that a false claim to knowledge is wrong is not part of
Wikipedia's culture."

Technicaly true but only because we are somewhat more interested in
the knowlage you can show you have than the knowlage you may or may
not claim to have.

"It combines the free-market dogmatism of the libertarian Right with
the anti-intellectualism of the populist Left. "

I'm not sure how trying to create an encyclopedia fits in with
anti-intellectualism.

--
geni