[WikiEN-l] Ugly RFA developing

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 21:25:37 UTC 2007

On 8/14/07, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, George Herbert wrote:
> > (apparently) A google search finds skeletons in RFA candidate's
> > closet.  Deleted as BLP (probably mistaken application of BLP, but
> > perhaps legit NPA or privacy issue), restored, cleaned up, still there
> > right now.
>
> The BLP article says that unsourced contentious material about living people
> should be removed from articles, talk pages, user pages, and project space.
> A RFA is, I believe, in project space.  Most Google searches don't produce
> sources that count as reliable sources by Wikipedia standards.  So it's
> unsourced contentious material and needs to be removed under BLP.

I think that it's a novel interpretation to extend that from
"biographical article subjects" to "Wikipedia contributors".

Wikipedia is not a reliable source (specifically disclaimed); your
logic, taken to its conclusion, would suggest that we cannot use
negative incidents in our own edit histories as discussion fodder for
RFAs.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com