[WikiEN-l] Ugly RFA developing

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Tue Aug 14 21:10:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, George Herbert wrote:
> (apparently) A google search finds skeletons in RFA candidate's
> closet.  Deleted as BLP (probably mistaken application of BLP, but
> perhaps legit NPA or privacy issue), restored, cleaned up, still there
> right now.

The BLP article says that unsourced contentious material about living people
should be removed from articles, talk pages, user pages, and project space.
A RFA is, I believe, in project space.  Most Google searches don't produce
sources that count as reliable sources by Wikipedia standards.  So it's
unsourced contentious material and needs to be removed under BLP.