[WikiEN-l] Ugly RFA developing

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:22:12 UTC 2007

On Aug 14, 2007, at 6:26 AM, George Herbert wrote:

> (apparently) A google search finds skeletons in RFA candidate's
> closet.  Deleted as BLP (probably mistaken application of BLP, but
> perhaps legit NPA or privacy issue), restored, cleaned up, still there
> right now.
>

> [[Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Crockspot]]
>

> I don't know which side is more disturbing at the moment.

I'm torn here. On the one hand, this is symptomatic of much larger
problems in RFA - the obsessiveness needed to Googlestalk an RFA
candidate is simply too far off the deep end. On the other hand,
Crockspot is a querrelous nutter who shouldn't be given adminship,
and plenty of !voters recognized that without needing to read his
racist trash. So while I think this is over the line, I also think it
makes a crappy test case because Crockspot was never going to make
admin.

-Phil