[WikiEN-l] A modest proposal

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:07:53 UTC 2007

On 13/08/07, NavouWiki <navouwiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> An editor creates a sockpuppet account to have discussion on a hot topic.
> The editor does not want this discussion associated with the main account.
> Checkusers are run, and the two accounts are reconciled.

In fact, it's hard to spot such a case - it looks very similar to two
editors who happen to share an IP, and that would be the usual case.

> Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not implying this occurs, it is a
> plausible scenario.

There's been one arbitration case about this that I recall, and the
editor's cover was blown, but only in the final ruling (because arbcom
restrictions are per person, not per account).

- d.