[WikiEN-l] More Jimbo quotes on Tor

Armed Blowfish diodontida.armata at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:53:16 UTC 2007

On 13/08/07, Kamryn Matika <kamrynmatika at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/13/07, Gracenotes <wikigracenotes at gmail.com> wrote:

> > this
> > > place.

> > more
> > obliterate

> > isn't
> > it

> > > AB is not blocked from editing, Tor is, and from my understanding Tor
> > > users
> > > are allowed to use Tor nodes until they are blocked.
> >
> > As far as I'm aware, AB doesn't just use a Tor node. He *is* a Tor node.
> >

> Ah, ok. Well - sorry, but what are we meant to do about that? He's still not
> banned or blocked, unless you count was is essentially a self-imposed block.

It is... but really, all that I needed was some courtesy blankings /
deletions, without on-wiki insistence that I explain why I needed said
courtesies, and private threats to take me to AN/I if I asked for any
more, which would be a great idea if you want me to end up in the
hospital getting my stomach pumped, and I don't think you do.  It
should be apparent that the answer, having been explained now, is not
something I should have been pressed on.

Additionally, nicer blocking messages would be good, but are not
actually necessary.

Armed Blowfish