[WikiEN-l] Oh shit, Slashdot is an attack site!

Wily D wilydoppelganger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:34:41 UTC 2007

Courtesy Blanking is different from oversighting.

Oversighting can only be done *if* the contributer agrees to release their
contributions under a license that doesn't require attribution, or into the
public domain.   Alternatively, things can probably be oversighted if
they're deleted (there's some talk about this not being allowed under the
GFDL, but I think that's wrong - as long as the contribution isn't included,
it can be oversighted from the history.)  Otherwise, in principle we're
violating someone's copyright, and they're entitled to get crotchety.

Courtesy blanking is different - it can be done anywhere.  What pages
bothers you - I'll have a look.

WilyD