[WikiEN-l] Hardblocking usernames

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 19:17:22 UTC 2007

>From: "Armed Blowfish" <diodontida.armata at googlemail.com>
>To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
>Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Hardblocking usernames
>Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 14:02:55 -0500
>
>On 11/08/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 11/08/07, Armed Blowfish <diodontida.armata at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Also, as a banned user, I must ask you to not imply that
> > > banned/blocked users 'deserve' to be banned/blocked.
> >

> > You are not a banned user - you are a user who chooses not to use
> > access methods other than ones that are blocked with strong reasons.
> > That TOR is blocked is unfortunate and a pain in the arse, but that
> > doesn't make you a banned user, because you simply aren't.
> >

> > - d.
> >

>Technically, only users who do not have ipblock-exempt are blocked
>from editing via Tor.
>
>I asked to be given ipblock-exempt... the community said no... I am
>still not seeing how that is not a ban.
>
>Armed Blowfish

Because we are not prepared to break the rules for you, because we believe
in playing fair. It is not a ban because you are able to edit the minute you
drop the open proxies. If you look at our other "banned" users, none of them
has such an easy (well, I don't know that) way back to editing. Ergo, you
are not banned.

Now, for the love of God, please stop going about this. It's fricking
tiresome. We're just going round in circles here, and we're not going to get
out of the circles, seeing as you're blatantly in denial.

C More schi