[WikiEN-l] Conflict of Interest and lobbyists for foreign governments

Raphael Wegmann raphael at psi.co.at
Fri Aug 3 23:57:29 UTC 2007

Steven Walling schrieb:
> Removing administrator status from POV-pushers could be a start.
>
> "rabid editing" as I correctly characterized Jayjg's edits ("extreme or
> fanatical support of or belief in something), especially to Israeli and
> Jewish subjects, is not directly analogous to bad faith POV-pushing. I'm
> sure Jayjg thinks he is improving Wikipedia, for Wikipedia's sake and not
> someone else's, when he charges about like an angry mastodon. My comment
> concerning his reckless editing does not mean I think he is a cabalistic
> POV-pusher.

I've never been an admin, and I don't want to judge
Jayjg personally, but it seems that other people have/had
a different view:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/FuelWagon_v._Ed_Poor/Workshop#Jayjg_and_SlimVirgin_pushing_a_pro-Israel_POV

Anyway ... it seems to me, that some WP
administrators have developed some kind of elitist
group-think, which lets them more readily defend
their fellow admins against the ordinary WP "(l)user".
Sociologists might be able to explain where that
may come from. It has a negativ effect on WP though.

br
--
Raphael