[WikiEN-l] Are there really articles on Wikipedia that need fixing, or just gossip that needs hashed?

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 04:26:16 UTC 2007

I don't really know what's going on here, and I don't know all the
histories.  What I have gone and read seems to have no relationship to
Wikipedia.  The converstion keeps coming back, and keeps being
directed to discussing SV.  I've only interacted with her and Guy
about a dozen times each on Wikipedia, 90% negative with each.  Does
this matter?

Can someone please link directly to a current Wikipedia article, that
should be changed, and list a proper reference to it that is not being
used, to show the damage being done by this fracas to Wikipedia?  Just
one example of a specific article, and what should be in it, according
to a highly reliable source--not a dozen, just one.

Then, can we discuss this issue instead of SV, unless someone has a
news article about her, that belongs in Wikipedia, rather than a blog
of gossip?

I apologize to everyone for being part of this list while this is
going on, especially to Slim Virgin, whom I don't know, and can't know
from malicious and petty gossip about her on an Internet blog.
Please, let's move on to what we can do about anything that needs
repaired on Wikipedia.

If we need to discuss gossip on the web about Wikipedia editors on
this list, can we set some realistic guidelines?

KP