[WikiEN-l] The Second Rape: Victim-Blaming (was Re: Self-sensorship, how far should it go?)

Armed Blowfish diodontida.armata at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 2 21:11:01 UTC 2007

On 02/08/07, Stephen Park <stephenpark15 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're giving a false option there Gregory. It's not a choice between
> SV starting fresh or letting the drama "blow over in time", it's
> actually a choice between starting fresh and letting the drama
> continue indefinitely. The pattern over the past year has been towards
> things intensifying, not things "blowing over". I don't think it's
> realistic to think this will "blow over", there are too many trolls
> out there putting too much energy into this for them to all just
> forget about SV and go onto something else.

Certainly, things have a tendency to get worse before they get better.
 But these things don't tend to get better when you stay silent... I
learnt that the hard way and lost a job because of it.  What works,
then?  Nothing works all the time... but you have a better chance
trying to fight these things, with all the help you can get, than
trying to run away from something faster and more powerful than you.

Armed Blowfish