[WikiEN-l] Moving forward

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 21:09:40 UTC 2007

 Re:

"To help SlimVirgin:
* Stalkers and other abusers tend to go after the vulnerable, and part
of vulnerability is social isolation.  By being supportive, we reduce
the chance that this particular case of stalking will become a violent
one.  And no, I'm not saying that Daniel Brandt et. al. are the
violent type, in fact I do not believe they are, but the information
which may or may not be true has been released to many.  If it's true,
all it takes is one nut to read that and hunt SlimVirgin down, and
this could become much worse.  By the time you know the danger you are
in, it is often too late.  You hear the sound of someone entering
downstairs... door opening and closing... footsteps... and then the
voice of the man you fear.  You don't believe you could run out past
him.  There are no ladders to escape out the window." (snip)

Oh cut it out.  ArmedBlowfish, you're feeding into a stereotype.  The trolls
have tried some very similar tactics with me, perhaps in part because the
editors at *Search Engine Land* changed a line in my bio without asking me.
I won't confirm or deny whether the trolls got it right, but I read your
description and laugh *pity the fool who tries that*.  I'm a war veteran.
I've owned a Harley-Davidson and I've handled live rattlesnakes and I've
saved an apartment building from burning down.  I've even survived being
struck by lightning.

It's Slim's choice what to do.  She isn't asking for your advice and I'm not
asking either.  We're adults and we're quite capable of choosing for
ourselves.

-Durova