[WikiEN-l] Jayjg and COI

Hello all wikipedian51 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 17:34:35 UTC 2007

Then Jay, you should have no objection to sending some sort of proof of
this, such as proof of employment, to a Wikipedia staffer? And it wouldn't
hurt having the CheckUser ombudsperson review your uses of CheckUser to
ensure that you've never run a Check against a political opponent in an
Israel/Palestine article and perhaps having someone with Oversight access
check the Oversight logs for any improper behavior.

It's not that we don't believe you but since there IS an Israeli-government
paid and co-ordinated campaign to push a pro-Israel agenda on Wikipedia it
would be a sensible security precaution to do a background check on
Wikipedia's most prominent pro-Israel editor. Don't you think?