[WikiEN-l] The Second Rape: Victim-Blaming (was Re: Self-sensorship, how far should it go?)

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 2 16:36:35 UTC 2007

on 8/2/07 1:12 AM, Steve Summit at scs at eskimo.com wrote:

> If not ask certain people to leave, we *do* need
> to find ways of helping them better deal with the -- apparently
> inevitable -- stalkers and crazies.  We *do* need to find ways of
> keeping the rest of the project from getting sucked into these
> interminable dramas.)

Yes we do, Steve. We do need to find ways to protect BOTH our people and the
project. However, this is going to take serious interest, and action, at the
highest levels of leadership in Wikipedia.

This thread is stunning! It presents to a number of profound problems at the
very core of the Project - all involving it's people. Is it going to be
taken seriously by the leadership? Or, as one person stated, he was waiting
for the thread to burn itself out, so he could focus on other threads!

A bridge collapsed last evening in Minneapolis, Minnesota. As was reported
later, this very bridge had been inspected and found to be "structurally
deficient" only last year. I wonder if the powers that be simply waited for
that discussion to burn itself out?

The project's in trouble, folks. It has relegated to second-class status the
very element that has been at its core: its people.

Marc Riddell