[WikiEN-l] The Second Rape: Victim-Blaming (was Re: Self-sensorship, how far should it go?)

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 2 16:00:49 UTC 2007

Phil Sandifer wrote:
> Speaking for myself, but as a mod, I thought the post was strongly
> worded, and perhaps disrupted the mailing list to illustrate a point,
> but mostly on target. I've twice been the victim of attempts at
> stalking that have moved between online and real life. It's terrifying.

I expressed sympathy for SlimVirgin herself and condemned the nutballs
behind the "outing." I focused my displeasure on the response to
discussion attempts on-wiki and explicitly pointed out in several posts
that SlimVirgin didn't appear to be involved in that.

In response, I was cast in the role of one who excuses rapists. This was
_not_ on target, not remotely.