[WikiEN-l] Self-sensorship, how far should it go?

Armed Blowfish diodontida.armata at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 2 03:48:57 UTC 2007

On 01/08/07, John Lee <johnleemk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/2/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Those who also look bad are those trying to quell good faith
> > > discussion/queries about SV.
> >
> > "Good faith"? I don't think so. Wikien-l is not really supposed to be
> > a place for scurrilous gossip-mongering and conspiracy spreading, is
> > it?
>

> I'm really losing my patience with how you seem to misunderstand everything
> we're saying, and it's getting harder to assume you're making good faith
> misinterpretations, but I will try in spite of myself.
>
> If you recall, we were talking about how people on-wiki were trying to
> completely eradicate *questions* about the allegations - questions from
> people acting in good faith. Believe it or not, not everyone on Wikipedia
> knows who SV is or her storied past of abuse by WR, Brandt, et al, and there
> is no reason to assume everyone asking about this is a bad faith
> shit-stirrer trying to rile us/her up. That people were asking David Gerard
> to oversight things like this, after removing the ostensibly offending
> questions probably made in good faith, simply makes us look bad.
>
> Johnleemk

I am sure you mean well, but falling to the Victim-Blaming fallacy
very psychologically harmful to SlimVirgin and other victims
nonetheless... hence the terms 'the second rape' and 'the second
assault'... well, the psychology of rape is the psychology of abuse.

See the thread entitled 'The Second Rape: Victim-Blaming (was Re:
Self-sensorship, how far should it go?)' for a more detailed
explanation.

Armed Blowfish