[WikiEN-l] Please stop this Re: The Second Rape: Victim-Blaming (was Re: Self-sensorship, how far should it go?)

Slim Virgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 08:06:57 UTC 2007

On 8/2/07, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/1/07, Oskar Sigvardsson <oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> You seem to be suggesting that I can't take issue with describing
> someone as a troll because that same person is making rape
> comparisons.  Others had already called that out; I saw no need to add
> to it.

As I read Armedblowfish's post (from memory), he compared this
situation to rape, violence, OR harassment, and his point was one
about people being attacked for being attacked. It would make more
sense to take that point, rather than focusing on a provocative word.
(This isn't directed at Matthew, by the way, but at the other editors
who complained, though I've lost track of who they were.)