[WikiEN-l] The Second Rape: Victim-Blaming (was Re: Self-sensorship, how far should it go?)

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 05:09:23 UTC 2007

On 02/08/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Repeatedly telling people they should leave Wikipedia because stalkers
> and crazies are saying nasty things about them cannot help but be
> confrontational, no matter how many times you put the word "Please"
> before "leave".

I asked people to leave because they were bringing the project into disrepute.

What causes that problem - whether it be bad luck in picking their
enemies in her case, or simply an unwillingness to leave an
unsatisfactory situation alone in the case of others, is pretty much
irrelevant, because as things stand now there is no solution. There is
no way we can make this problem get better by fighting it.

Yes, that sucks. No, I don't like it either.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk