[WikiEN-l] Self-sensorship, how far should it go?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Aug 2 00:51:57 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Rob wrote:
> > On 8/1/07, Ben Yates <ben.louis.yates at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Wikipedia Review is not monolithic, of course, any more than Wikipedia
> >> is -- you're making the same mistakes that people made about Wikipedia
> >> for years.  Some people on WR are completely insane; others are just
> >> deeply misguided and paranoid; a few are rather sensible.  There is no
> >> cabal.
> >
> > If they are sensible, then why are they on Wikipedia Review?
>
> If I wanted to read discussion and analysis of these allegations about
> SlimVirgin where else would I go? There's apparently nothing on
> Wikipedia about it.

The person who Sarah (*) is claimed to be is actually notable (has
been written about in a number of books), so if we're sure the
allegations are all nonsense then maybe Wikipedia should have an
article on that other person (**).

(*) That's what she called herself, so I'll go by that.  I feel too
dumb calling a person "SlimVirgin".

(**) I guess that name has already been said on this mailing list, but
I'm going to be extra nice anyway and not mention it.