[WikiEN-l] Self-sensorship, how far should it go?

Michael Noda michael.noda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 00:27:30 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Joshua Brady <somitho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please don't say 'our', you reflect views of yourself and can not in
> any capacity represent all of en.wp. While I know and dislike some of
> jayjg's actions and realize he has done things which are infact
> questionable and morally wrong. He is still a good editor and has made
> a number of good faith contributions to this project. He atleast in my
> eyes is welcome to stay and contribute. If you have an issue with him
> using tools, in a way he shouldn't then please take that up directly
> to him or another authority, or establish the ability to recall an
> editors mop/various bits.

I was certainly not presuming to speak for all of en.wp; I apologize
if I gave that impression.  However, I think I'm speaking for more
than myself; minimally, I think I speak for those on this list who
have voiced similar sentiments.  I think the use of the first person
plural was appropriate here.

> I'll go back to waiting on my flight and hope to see you at wikimania.

Alas, I won't be there this year.  Have fun, and keep us homebound
folk posted on the festivities!