[WikiEN-l] Self-sensorship, how far should it go?

Rob gamaliel8 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:01:39 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Ben Yates <ben.louis.yates at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wikipedia Review is not monolithic, of course, any more than Wikipedia
> is -- you're making the same mistakes that people made about Wikipedia
> for years.  Some people on WR are completely insane; others are just
> deeply misguided and paranoid; a few are rather sensible.  There is no
> cabal.

If they are sensible, then why are they on Wikipedia Review?  While
the sensible are not responsible for the insane and paranoid, if they
willingly choose to participate in a forum where the insane and
paranoid plot their attacks, what does that say about how sensible
they supposedly are?  Wikipedia blocks its trolls, and if WR's
defenders (and by defenders I mean both WR-ites and people who say
"eh, they have some good people in the mess" or "they come up with the
intelligent critique now and then") want people to take it seriously
and not view it as an insane attack site, then WR should do the same.