[WikiEN-l] Self-sensorship, how far should it go?

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 15:08:01 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com> wrote:
> jayjg wrote:
> > On 7/29/07, Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com> wrote:
> >> A single, simple statement on Slim's user or talk page, saying
> >> that the rumor is false, would be much better than all this
> >> rampant reverting by ElinorD, Jayjg, and Crum375.
> >
> > Steve, could you point out exactly what I have been "rampantly
> > reverting" in this regard?
>
> Between 03:22 and 22:12 on July 27, at least 8 questions about
> That Slashdot Thread were posted by various users on Slim's talk
> page, and systematically removed by you, ElinorD, and Crum375.

Wait a minute, so 3 different editors removed a total of 8 questions.
Out of curiosity, exactly how many did I remove during that "rampant
reverting"? No need to reply, the answer is one.

One of the things that has marred these kinds of discussions is
rampant hyperbole. Another is that far too much of it is directed at
slamming other editors, rather than discussing issues. I don't see any
particular reason this discussion would add any value to the wikien-l
thread, but if people feel that they must discuss it, let's try to do
it in a way that generates light, not heat.