[WikiEN-l] Why aren't *all* wikia.com links restricted under nofollow?

Rich Holton richholton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 23:08:50 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
> On 30/04/07, Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> An easy ethical solution to this would be for the WMF to go on the record of
>> stating what their relationship, financial or otherwise, was with any and
>> all websites listed in the Interwiki map.
>

> I suggest you are ill-placed to mention the word "ethical" in
> connection to anything anyone else should do, particularly Wikipedia:
>
> http://www.joeszilagyi.com/2007/04/24/wikipedia-game-guide-%e2%80%9canonymous%e2%80%9d-is-your-secret-ally/
>

> - d.

David,

Can we please stick to the subject?

I happen to agree that *perception* is important in this case. While our
goals have to do with promoting free content, those goals will be
hindered by the perception of any conflict of interest or shady
back-room deals.

I for one want to make sure there is no unnecessary ammunition for those
who want to discredit Wikipedia or the Foundation.

-Rich