[WikiEN-l] Category destruction

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 21:34:03 UTC 2007

On 4/29/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

> on 4/29/07 11:14 AM, John Lee at johnleemk at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > as policy is descriptive, not
> > prescriptive, use common sense when categorising, unless you feel the
> > situation is too complex for your common sense to be right.
>
> Perhaps the only solution here is to go back to the drawing board - blank
> the entire Policy Page, and start all over again.
>
> Marc

Why do people always suggest the most drastic solutions first?
If the problem is the policy being too complex than altering it should be a
start. Write an alternative and campaign to have the existing one replaced.
Policies are going to be complex, English Wikipedia is just too large to be
simple. I want to know what specifically is wrong with the current policies.

Mgm