[WikiEN-l] Why aren't *all* wikia.com links restricted under nofollow?

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Mon Apr 30 17:37:49 UTC 2007

> Your first line appears to be part of the myth that this is the cult
> of Jimbo and all are under his control. Brion wanted nofollow on all
> wikis and only left it off en:wp with much grumbling.

He claims that he turned it on en:wp by the request of Jimbo ("Having
been requested by Jimmy to do so").

> Did you actually read the reasons for rejecting the patch? Interwiki
> links are unlikely to be spam.

All links are unlikely to be spam.

> If your mission is to get nofollow on all links to Wikia sites, I
> suggest you come up with a reason it's for the good of the first party
> (Wikipedia/Wikimedia) or the second party (the readers).

I think the best argument for this is that enforcing a double-standard
which benefits the for-profit business of the founder of Wikimedia and
a board member *looks bad*.

Anthony