[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia for sale for mobile devices

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Mon Apr 30 00:13:12 UTC 2007

On 4/29/07, gjzilla at gmail.com <gjzilla at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/29/07, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/29/07, Earle Martin <wikipedia at downlode.org> wrote:
> > > That's interesting. How many of our mirrors, then, are actually in
> > > compliance? Even answers.com only says on its copies of our content
> > > "This entry is from Wikipedia, the leading user-contributed
> > > encyclopedia." No page history (and therefore author names) available.
> > >

> > Provides a link back to the original article which has a history page.
> >

> > --
> > geni
> >

> But say the article is then deleted? ~~~~

They they'd be violating copyright.  Arguably, they're violating
copyright already, and it's just that no one has cared enough to stop
them yet.  Take a look at the SEC filings for Answers Corporation
sometime.  It's filled with warnings about the risks the company faces
with regard to copyright infringement lawsuits.

Anthony