[WikiEN-l] Why aren't *all* wikia.com links restricted under nofollow?

Versageek wiki at versageek.com
Sun Apr 29 15:05:44 UTC 2007

It already happens once in a while, I've personally removed .wikia.com
spam on at least two occasions.. both to new Wikia wiki's that were
presumably looking to attract new users.. In both cases, they weren't
spammed using interwiki links, but rather standard URLs.

At the end of the day, 'nofollow' on wikipedia has little effect, since
as Betacommand points out on Wikiproject:Spam:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Spam#Recent_attempts_to_change_guidelines

"Once our mirrors and scrapers get a hold of it, most drop the nofollow
thus the spammers do get rewards for their actions on wikipedia."

.VG.
wiki-at-versageek dot com

--
Best regards,