[WikiEN-l] Citation obsession

Todd Allen toddmallen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 08:07:26 UTC 2007

I don't generally see such things as worth arguing over. If someone
-really- wants a citation for that, or that the Earth's atmosphere is
mainly nitrogen and oxygen, or that Einstein was a physicist, you can
find one in thirty seconds. If something is really as obvious as you
think it is, citation is trivially easy.

On 4/29/07, John Lee <johnleemk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Quite a few editors have been taking our requirement to cite sources to an
> extreme...whether this is good or bad, I don't know, but at any rate, it's
> starting to seep into the public consciousness:
>
> http://bash.org/?757724
>
> <CtrlAltDestroy> Here is my impression of Wikipedia.
> <CtrlAltDestroy> "There are five fingers on the human hand [citation
> needed]"
>
> Johnleemk

Freedom is the right to know that 2+2=4. From this all else follows.