[WikiEN-l] Brandt says he might sue even if his bio is taken down!

C.J. Croy cjcroy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 18:24:14 UTC 2007

On 4/23/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> The notably infamous Brandt has a few more things to say on the
> subject of what he might do to Wikipedia even if Wikipedia caves in
> fully to his demands that his bio be deleted.
> See how he "may decide" to "file a lawsuit anyway" even if we give
> him what he's asking for.

I don't think Brant will ever sue the Wikimedia foundation.  I believe
his real goal is to get someone else to do it for him.  I'm not a
lawyer, but could any of those present tell me if it would be possible
for him to successfully pursue a criminal or civil suit against
Wikimedia without showing up in court himself?  If he can't, he'll
never sue because we'd get a picture of him.  If he could, disregard
this email.