[WikiEN-l] Stable article versions

Michael Snow wikipedia at att.net
Sat Apr 28 04:03:40 UTC 2007

Steve Bennett wrote:

> Where is the current proposal for stable article versions described
> and/or discussed? The two most likely places are both very inactive:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Stable_versions
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Reviewed_article_version
>
> I'm keen to know what is going to be implemented, and to be able to
> discuss this before it suddenly appears live on Wikipedia.

The developers working on this feature have it implemented on a test
server right now. There's still another development phase to go, at
least, before it can be used in production, I believe. But real progress
has been made, at any rate. The feature currently includes flagging
stable revisions as well as grading articles for accuracy, depth, and
readability. Obviously, the present form does not necessarily mean it
will work exactly that way in the end.

If you want more information or are interested in participating with the
test, I'd suggest directly contacting Erik Möller or P.Birken from the
German Wikipedia ([[de:Benutzer:P. Birken]]).

--Michael Snow