[WikiEN-l] Unsourced biographies

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 07:50:41 UTC 2007

On 4/26/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Based on what I saw when going through some of that
> {{unreferenced}}-containing BLP list, the rate of false positives could
> be in the range of 90% or so. Having deletion be the default result of
> such a tag could result in losing a lot of useful stuff.
> Why not use {{prod}}?

As Guy said, this would be a variant of proposed deletion, meant
specifically for use on articles with unsourced biographical material.
PROD has a number of restrictions on it and is only intended for
"articles that are uncontroversial deletion candidates that obviously
do not belong in the encyclopedia". This would extend to articles on
topics that may well belong in the encyclopaedia, but are unsourced.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com