[WikiEN-l] Attack site conflict gets weirder

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Wed Apr 25 12:33:27 UTC 2007

On 24 Apr 2007 at 22:38:05 -0700, Blu Aardvark
<jeffrey.latham at gmail.com> wrote:
[top-posting fixed; long line rewrapped]

> Daniel R. Tobias wrote:
> > Apparently, taking out that link really pissed Brandt off.
> > (OK... sometimes bad policy decisions can have good effects.)

> Why is "pissing Brandt" off considered to be a "good effect"? A step
> towards escalating a conflict is never a step in the right direction.

OK, I was overly flippant... we should never purposely try to piss
anybody off, as enjoyable as it might be and as much as we may feel
the person deserves it.  On the other hand, trying to de-escalate the
conflict by giving in to some of his demands seems pointless given
that he says he just might sue anyway no matter what we do.

--
== Dan ==