[WikiEN-l] Links to Myspace in External Links section

mattman206 matt.valerio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 02:34:20 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've been using Wikipedia for awhile now, and try to contribute information
when I can.  Lately I've edited the "External Links" section for a couple of
bands that I listen to.  I added links to their MySpace pages, which provide
a great place to play their music and see what they sound like.

However, all of these edits get deleted quite soon thereafter.  What's the
deal?  Does Wikipedia have a policy about removing links to MySpace?  If so,
what's the motivation?

I feel that links to websites where you can sample music are important and
educational and don't understand why the links keep getting deleted.  Could
someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
-Matt