[WikiEN-l] You Really Don't Get It

Cascadia cascadia at privatenoc.com
Tue Apr 24 01:17:16 UTC 2007

Overwhelming sense of entitlement?

David, you're missing my point in this whole thing. I am asking that admins
be held accountable for their actions. For someone who was autoblocked for
around an hour because someone decided to 'f'- policy and autoblock, thus
forcing editors to either quit the discussion or out themselves in an
attempt to be unblocked is a very troubling incident to them. Without being
held accountable for his actions, he effectivly sends the message to all
that an admin can block someone for any reason, even if their actions are
well within the bounds of policy, have someone else unblock it and cause an
uproar, and simply say I'm sorry and everything's OK. The only
accountability is the collective memory of those involved who will remember
his actions, and use it when/if the next time he makes a major mistake.

My personal opinion would be for desysoping, but ANY sort of accountability
measure (a 24 hour block, something) would have been satisfying.

Whether or not we're professionals or not, volunteers or paid editors, it
doesn't matter. In any organization, there must be a system of
accountability that works, and that imposes even temporary discipline on the
acting person.

-Cascadia

"David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote in
message news:fbad4e140704230103k6a9a7ef5p27e6492a72b14490 at mail.gmail.com...