[WikiEN-l] You Really Don't Get It

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Tue Apr 24 00:49:38 UTC 2007

On 23 Apr 2007 at 09:03:01 -0400, Marc Riddell
<michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

> his cries, and jumps into the hole with him. ?What the hell are you doing? ?
> the man in the hole says. ?I?ve been in here before? the other man replies,
> ?and I know the way out.?

You still seem to have some character set problems with your mail
program; in the digest version, your quotes and apostrophes come out
as question marks, while in the web archive:

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2007-April/069747.html

they're superscripted numbers.  What do people who get the messages
in single-message form see?  The header as shown by this message in
the digest has the content type as text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1",
which is a character encoding that doesn't have so-called "smart
quotes" (curly quotes and apostrophes) in it, so if your mail program
is trying to insert them, this is bogus.  You should stick to plain
ASCII straight quotes.

--
== Dan ==