[WikiEN-l] Analysis of BLP issues (Jimmy Wales should reconsider)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 10:02:34 UTC 2007

On 4/22/07, Angus McLellan <angusmclellan at gmail.com> wrote:
>  There's no deadline, so I heard. When
> we write about dead people, we  nearly always plunder books,
> biographies, encyclopedias, and the like. We don't look up the 19 July
> 1851 New York Sun.

Because doing so is hard. It's quite likely that that edition is only
on microfilm which means the odds of finding anything are minimal.

On the other hand Cyclopia quotes a primary source from 1665 so it does happen

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclopia#_note-2

Andre Kasongo Ilunga is probably one of the most famous DRC cabinet
members around but he is unlikely to ever get more than passing
mentions in books.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Kasongo_Ilunga

--
geni