[WikiEN-l] You Really Don't Get It

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 07:57:41 UTC 2007

On 23/04/07, Cascadia <cascadia at privatenoc.com> wrote:

> Ryulong then left, leaving his actions in place and having other admins
> clean up the mess.

Perhaps we could interject a little detail here.

He made the blocks. He posted that he had done so to the admin
noticeboard, to make it public, and notified the relevant discussion
page. Then he left, to go to a meeting.

He "left" for *four and a half hours*. Two hundred and seventy-six
minutes. Within two hours the matter had been discussed and they had
all been unblocked, with multiple people leaving him explanatory
messages. I'm failing to see how this is gross negligence of duty - he
did what he was doing, he notified the appropriate places for people
to fix it if they felt he'd done wrong, then he went to do some work.

You seem to be demanding that editors don't do anything that might be
contentious if they're going offline shortly. After all, someone might
kick up a fuss and you'd have to resolve it, but oh noes! you might
not be around until later! the world will collapse without immediate
solutions!

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk