[WikiEN-l] Analysis of BLP issues (Jimmy Wales should reconsider)

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 19:27:34 UTC 2007

> OK. What seems a practical first move?
>
> Deleting all living bios is not going to fly. It just won't be accepted.
>
> The layer of barely-notable bios could be vanquished with little
> trouble. The tricky part is "what is notable?" It's not going to be
> possible to come up with a hardline definition that doesn't result in
> gross systemic bias, editors deleting like deranged robots or both.
>
> Is a new deletion rule on living bios worth trying? It's the most
> politically viable idea I've heard so far.
>

> - d.

Notable has nothing to do with the problem. You could remove bios, but that
doesn't do anything to get rid off libellous statements. Before we start
deleting anything we should try options that do not involve deletion. Like
going through MessedRocker's BLP lists and referencing every dubious
statement in those articles and making sure they're balanced and neutral.

We might consider deleting bios someone considers consistently libellous,
but it's pointless to delete articles that otherwise don't pose a problem.

Mgm