[WikiEN-l] Jimmy Wales should reconsider

Dick Clark crotalus at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 14:46:05 UTC 2007

Where you say that you aren't sure that there are any Wikipedians who could
write a neutral article about Brandt... I think that you are vastly
overestimating the number of Wikipedians who even keep up with the whole
Brandt/WR saga. Don't get me wrong, I think lots of Wikipedians know about
it, I just think that most don't really care.

I frankly have no opinion one way or the other on the guy. I think that the
people who attack Brandt because they think they have a right to privacy or
confidentiality are deceiving themselves, since editing what is essentially
a public document sort of makes each Wikipedian a public figure, if only in
a microscopic way.

In any event, I am sure there are plenty of editors who could do the
research, interpret the sources, and render a pretty reasonably accurate bio
of Brandt. Do you really think that every Wikipedian is following this
story?

DickClarkMises

Message: 7
> Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:07:00 -0400
> From: Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org>
> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Jimmy Wales should reconsider

<snip>

Those all seem like creative and possibly acceptable solutions, at