[WikiEN-l] Brandt unblocked by Jimbo - community support?

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Apr 21 10:13:35 UTC 2007

Jeff Raymond wrote:
> Jimmy Wales wrote:
>
>> I disagree that there is any community consensus here.
>
> Wow.  Okay.  what do you call the massive discussion, then?

"Massive discussion" does not equal "community consensus".  Lots of
people seem to be saying "Yeah, Jimbo, try that, hopefully it will
work."  Other people are saying "Uh, Jimbo, that's a dumb idea, it will
never work."  Still others are posting confused messages about Wikipedia
governance.

>>> When I can agree with unblocking Brandt, but still feel disheartened by
>>> the whole affair, there's something wrong.
>> Perhaps in your understanding of what is going on?  Are there factual
>> questions you would like to ask me?
>
> Well, how did this work out?  The conspiracy theorist in me is running
> rampant right now, I assume there's too many legal issues for you to
> actually give us a straight answer on that.  At least tell us that, and I
> think some people will at least understand that.  Or maybe just myself.

How did this work out?  I don't understand the question.  So far, as
much as I know (but I haven't checked the wiki in a few hours) there
seems to be nothing much going on.  I am still talking to Brandt, and as
far as I can tell, that seems to be going reasonably well.

I am completely unaware of any legal issues which would prevent me from
telling you everything that has been going on, which is why I have told
you everything that has been going on.

--Jimbo