[WikiEN-l] BLPs--some ideas

Travis Mason-Bushman travis at gpsports-eng.com
Sat Apr 21 09:16:19 UTC 2007

On 4/21/07 1:25 AM, "Matthew Brown" <morven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/20/07, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:
>> I debated that with myself before posting. The truth is that I am not sure.
>> What do other people think?
>
> If a respected source like the AP is reprinted widely, its reliability
> is likely to be high, since the other people are willing to take the
> risk of publishing it.

With the Internet offering "free paper," many newspapers and other media
outlets essentially republish on their Web sites everything that comes off
the AP wire. It's not possible to claim any significance to an AP wire story
being posted on the Web sites of, say, 50 different papers. It's just an AP
wire story that's everywhere. That doesn't mean all 50 different papers
deemed it "newsworthy," it just means it got flashed on the wire.

-Travis Mason-Bushman