[WikiEN-l] Jimmy Wales should reconsider

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 21 02:58:58 UTC 2007

Tony Sidaway wrote:
> Quite.  But look what the lkml is doing about it.  Compared to them,
> we're still *literally* doing the equivalent of letting anybody commit
> to the main release tree and them umming-and-ahing about whether we'll
> take bug reports seriously and, you know, actually remove components
> that are causing damage.

We don't "umm and ah" about it, we've got a number of vigorous
mechanisms to deal with such problems.

I think a lot of the difficulty lies in the fact that some of the
"problems" that people point out about articles are not, in fact, actual
problems. People claim things are libel which are not, or claim they're
not public figures when they really are, etc. If someone were to submit
a bug report to Linus about how they were unable to use Linux to repair
the flat tire on their bicycle, it's not a problem when Linus fails to
address the issue.