[WikiEN-l] Analysis of the politics of "Brandt unblocked by Jimbo"

Seth Finkelstein sethf at sethf.com
Sat Apr 21 02:16:51 UTC 2007

> Fred Bauder
>
> Too clever by half.

	A weakness of mine, I will admit. I cut from my original post a
*speculation* that the Wikipedia higher-ups have concluded that they're
going to get a "section 230" testing lawsuit someday, and better it be
Brandt as a plaintiff for the first case, than someone like Seigenthaler.

> Negotiation in good faith must seem very simple.

	That was pre-emptive point #1:

  1) Does Jimbo want Brandt to sue?

 	No, of course not - "joy shall be in heaven over one sinner
  that repenteth ...". Nothing would make him (Jimbo) happier here
  than for Brandt to see the glorious light of the Wikipedia-way and
  join in free labor harmony for the greaterment of all Wikiality. But
  it's not going to happen, and that's bloody obvious.

--
Seth Finkelstein  Consulting Programmer  http://sethf.com/
Infothought blog - http://sethf.com/infothought/blog/