[WikiEN-l] Question about fundraising and linguists on wikipedia

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Apr 20 20:20:14 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Florence Devouard <wmf-l at anthere.org> wrote:
> Have you ever heard of that fundrive ?
> Have you ever heard of linguistlist ?

Yes.

> Have you ever heard of linguists being paid to edit wikipedia ???

I have no problem with good, useful edits being made by domain experts
who are paid for doing so. I think we need to have a deeper discussion
about paid editing that does not devolve into knee jerk reactions.
There are many COI issues to worry about, but there are also countless
ways in which people across the planet could usefully contribute to
making Wikipedia a better learning resources, paid or not paid.

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic