[WikiEN-l] Editors who don't appear who they claim to be

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 13:43:05 UTC 2007

I would rather not post the information on this list, but I am having
repeated problems with an editor who appears not to be who and what they
claim to be.  Namely, they
aggressively write articles with bad information, uploaded pictures they
claimed they had permission to upload, and were using a sock account to get
their
good articles promoted.  The sock issue has been resolved by their denying
it, but discontinuing the practice of voting their articles up.  The
pictures were
challenged for copyright, the editor said they were trying to contact the
copyright holder who had given them permission to upload them, but couldn't
contact the
copyright holder on one, it was deleted, then did nothing on the other
challenged images.  The editor includes inaccurate information from
technical sources, then
gets the articles promoted to good article.  I am beginning to delist them,
but I am rather concerned about the quantity and level of inaccurate
information, and
I just don't have time to monitor this editor, and check all their
information.  The editor claims to be a physicist but is posting geological
information that
any physicist (even associates degree) should know was incorrectly quoted,
as  it involved rates of materials deformation.  I'm beginning to think
there is much more
information that should be checked that is posted by this editor. What
should I do? How should I go about this considering how littel time I have?
None.  Let's leave the editor's name off the mailing list for now, but
please offer me some general solutions and approaches that are easy for a
time-stressed editor.  Thanks. KP