[WikiEN-l] Ryulong blocked ALL accounts

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 13:06:03 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Cascadia <cascadia at privatenoc.com> wrote:
> Moreschi,
>
> Brandt has a history of off wiki harassment. Anyone who has encountered such
> harassment from people know not to walk into a situation and ask for it
> again.
>
> Your comment that the participation of privacy socks was demeaning others
> just by their participation alone.

I don't think there is a problem with editors occasionally making a
comment from a position of anonymity.  The nature of the comment,
however, is important.  If there are administrators for whom I hold
otherwise high regard, who choose to use anonymity to make
inflammatory comments about the actions of other administrators, I
think that's an abuse of anonymity.  Again, the target of the
inflammatory statements was *not* Brandt.

> Ryulong did not do the right thing. He senselessly put people in danger

Come now, how did Ryulong's actions put people in danger?  His block
*prevented* them from editing Wikipedia.  We still don't know their
identities (although as a matter of course, given the similarity of
the inflammatory accusations by socks, I hope the checkusers have
investigated this affair for possible abusive socking).