[WikiEN-l] Brandt, bios, and other thoughts

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Fri Apr 20 12:39:31 UTC 2007

Kirill Lokshin wrote:

> But why do we need -- or want -- a biography of Brandt so much?

> So why, then, have we dug in our heels so thoroughly on this?  Why
> can't we just get rid of the article already and all go back to doing
> something rather more useful than this endless fighting?

Because he's a notable figure, and we should have articles on notable
subjects.  Just because he's noisy about it doesn't mean we should treat
it differently, and his noise level has made him the poster boy for
folks who want to have subjects dictate content.

If it weren't him, it would be someone else.  If you don't want to be
noteworthy, don't do things that attract attention to yourself.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman