[WikiEN-l] Ryulong blocked ALL accounts

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:17:01 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Cascadia <cascadia at privatenoc.com> wrote:
> The comments cited by Tony show less
> disruption and more of "I don't like their comments, so they are disruptive
> and trolling".

Firstly those statements I cite are inflammatory.  They use graphic
imagery to describe a controversial act by a Wikipedian in terms of a
physical assault on other Wikipedians. This is not a case of "I don't
like it", it's about the intended effect of the comments on the
reader: to inflame his emotions.

I specifically state that they are not substantive disruption.  Not
yet.  Others may disagree; it's a matter of the degree to which
anonymity is being abused with the intention of provocation, and I'm
not sure where we should draw the line.  It's certainly dancing on the
edge of legitimate anonymous expression, however.  If these people
truthfully use anonymity to protect themselves from action by Brandt,
why is their principal target Jimbo Wales?